Friday, January 13, 2012

Heartrate Monitors, woo hoo!

So, I was talking with my brother the other day(he's done the Boise Ironman 70.3 three times, and a FULL Ironman too!) and he mentioned that he trained with a heartrate monitor this last time, and got his best time yet! So, I did some Googling(I don't know what I ever did without Google). I started running and cycling with a heartrate monitor and loosely following that kind of stuff last week. I've already seen an improvement! Honestly, it's not like I could get much worse, but it's so nice to see an improvement. It makes me happy.

This morning, I got up at 5:05am. Okay, I set my ALARM for 5:05am, and drug my tired butt out of bed at 5:2something. I finally hit the pavement at 5:45. I had been running 4 miles on my running days, but this morning, I set a goal for 5 miles! I did it! I even finished at a decent time too, faster than I thought I would. Granted, my lightning quick pace averaged out to be 12:$4/ mile by the end of my run, BUT that totally beats my time of 13:26/mile I did over 4 miles last week. AND I didn't feel dog tired at the end like I would when I ran without the heartrate monitor. The heartrate monitor helps to keep me from starting out too fast, and using all my energy before I'm done. Another good thing about today's run is that it is now 3:54pm, and I don't feel like I have jello legs! Usually if I go for a longer run, my legs are tired for the rest of the day and all I want to do it sit around. I feel GREAT today though, woo hoo!

I finally feel like I am making progress. I don't feel totally drained after my workouts, and I can workout longer and still feel good. I am losing weight, and losing inches. I went down a pant size, and I am even going to have to start wearing a belt with them soon. My swimming still has a LOT more room for improvement, but I am beginning to think I may just make the swim without being pulled out of the water for taking too long. 148 days laft.....

No comments:

Post a Comment