Tuesday, January 17, 2012

5 miles




I ran 5 miles this morning, woo hoo! I took a new route this morning too. I had been running the same route, every single run. If I needed to add an extra mile, I just doubled back on the same route. BORING!! It was so nice an peaceful. It was very cloudy and windy this morning, but the clouds made the world almost silent. It was absolutely amazing.

I ran with my heartrate monitor, and kept my heartrate at around 150. I felt like i could run forever, and the best part is, I have never been sore after a run when I use this strategy. I had a good think this morning too. I reflected on the difference between this year and last year. I am 25lbs lighter this year, and my body is so much stronger. I remember barely being able to finish a mile this time last year, and now I am running five miles easily, though not very fast, but I'm fine with that. My body is so much stronger this year, and healthier. It's absolutely amazing! I cannot wait to see what this year has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment