Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Me!

Okay, here it is. The good, the bad, and the ugly......

I've got to start somewhere though. This is me, today, at 162lbs. It can only get better from here though, right? This year, I have goals. I am not making resolutions, I don't ever keep them. Instead, I am setting goals. So, here they are:
Goal #1: Boise Half Ironman on June 9th
Goal #2: Green River Triathlon, olympic distance, on June 30th
Goal #3: Swim, bike, or run 6 days a week(barring any sickness, vacation, etc)

Of course, in meeting these goals, I plan on achieving other things, such as weight loss, and becoming healthier, but those are just extra benefits in meeting my goals. I have a half ironman training plan, I just need to get it into my calendar to make sure that I am doing things on a proper timeline. At this point in time(and for the previous two weeks), I have been exercising twice a day, and doing two different sports in each day. I get up at 5:30 in the morning, and either run outside, or I jump on the bike trainer in the garage. This way, I can be done by 7, when my husband has to leave for work. When he gets home, I either go to the gym to swim, or else I run or bike again, whichever one I didn't do in the morning. I take Saturdays off(it's my husband's sleep in day, and day to get his long workout in), and on Sunday, I get to sleep in and do my long workout. Today, I met with my trainer at my local gym, and weighed in. We went over a few things in my training plan, and then went out and did some weight training for 40 minutes. After that, I did 65 minutes on the bike at the gym(15.67 miles), and then did some speed work on the treadmill(for 30 minutes(2 miles). My legs feel like jello now, but it's a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment