Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sickness

Ugh, I feel like I've been sick for weeks. Oh wait, I have been! And not just me, but the kids too. Especially the youngest. She's been scary sick lately. As if my motivation wasn't already down in the dumps, being sick and taking care of three sick kids puts me at about my breaking point.

I took a week off from training, and then this past week has been shortened workouts. It's hard to run when you're hacking up green junk. I also realize that I am using this as an excuse. I will use anything I can. I start out all sorts of excited to do something, but as the race date approaches, I lose my motivation, my willpower, my drive. I think I am just so used to sabotaging myself that it comes naturally now.

At least I am down about 12 pounds, and several inches. I may post another picture soon. Then again, I may not. I can see muscle definition in my legs and my arms, and it's pretty darn cool. I can honestly say that I have never been this fit and muscular before, which seems so strange because I used to be thin before having kids. But being thin doesn't equal being fit. I'm currently in the best shape of my life, and it's only getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment